Microsoft Azure has emerged as one of the most popular cloud computing platforms, with many businesses embracing it. As a result, the demand for skilled Azure administrators is rising. If you’re an IT professional looking to enhance your cloud computing skills, you may have come across the AZ-104 exam. This post will provide you with a complete guide on what the exam entails, why it’s important, and how to prepare for it.
What is the AZ-104 Exam, and Why is it Important?
The AZ-104 Exam is Microsoft’s certification exam for Azure administrators. It tests an individual’s ability to manage Azure resources, implement and manage storage solutions, configure and manage virtual networks, and more. Passing this exam earns you the Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate certification, which validates your skills and knowledge in managing Azure services.
The certification is essential for IT professionals looking to advance their careers as Azure administrators. It demonstrates to potential employers that you have the necessary skills to manage their Azure resources, making you a more competitive candidate for job opportunities. Furthermore, it positions you as a trusted advisor for your organization’s cloud computing needs, which can be particularly valuable in today’s digital world.
What are the Exam Requirements and Prerequisites?
To take the AZ-104 exam, you need to meet certain prerequisites. Firstly, you need to have some basic knowledge of Azure services, such as Azure virtual machines, Azure storage, and Azure networking. Additionally, you should have experience in administering Azure resources and experience with the Azure portal, PowerShell, and the Command Line Interface (CLI).
What are the Exam Topics, and How are They Weighted?
The AZ-104 exam is divided into various domains, each with its objectives. These domains include managing Azure identities and governance, implementing and managing storage, configuring and managing virtual networks, managing Azure compute resources, and more.
For instance, managing Azure identities and governance carries the highest weight, with 15-20% of the exam questions dedicated to this domain. On the other hand, the domain of managing Azure compute resources carries the lowest weight, with 10-15% of the exam questions dedicated to it.
What is the Format of the AZ-104 Exam, and How is it Scored?
The AZ-104 exam consists of 40-60 multiple-choice questions, which you need to complete in 150 minutes. The exam is available in various languages, including English, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese. You can take the exam at a testing center or online via a proctored platform.
To pass the exam, you need to score at least 700 out of 1000. The exam is scored on a scale of 0-1000, with a passing score of 700 or higher. After completing the exam, you’ll receive a score report indicating whether you’ve passed or failed.
How to Prepare for the AZ-104 Exam: Study Tips and Resources.
Preparation is key to passing the AZ-104 exam. Various study resources are available to help you prepare for the exam, including study guides, practice exams, and training courses.
One of the best ways to prepare for the exam is to take advantage of Microsoft’s official training resources. Microsoft offers a variety of free and paid training courses that cover exam objectives in detail.
How to Prepare for the AZ-104 Exam: Study Tips and Resources.
The AZ-104 exam is an important certification for professionals who want to demonstrate their knowledge and skills in managing Azure resources. Here are some practical tips and resources for preparing for the AZ-104 exam:
- Start with the exam objectives: The first step in your preparation should be to familiarize yourself with the exam objectives. Microsoft provides a detailed outline of the topics covered on the exam and the percentage of questions devoted to each area. This information will help you prioritize your study time and focus on the areas where you need the most improvement.
- Use study guides and practice exams: Many study guides and practice exams are available to help you prepare for the AZ-104 exam. These resources can help you assess your knowledge, identify areas where you need more study, and become more familiar with the exam format. Some popular resources for exam preparation include Microsoft official study guides Certs4you.com.
- Utilize online training: Microsoft provides a variety of online training options for the AZ-104 exam, including instructor-led training, self-paced training, and on-demand training. These training options are a great way to gain a deeper understanding of the exam topics and get hands-on experience with Azure services.
- Learn from others: Connect with other professionals who have taken the exam and ask for their advice. You can also join online communities and forums dedicated to Azure and the AZ-104 exam to get more insights.
What to Expect on Exam Day: Tips and Strategies.
As the day of the exam approaches, it’s essential to have a plan for how to approach it. Here are some tips and strategies to keep in mind on exam day:
- Arrive early: Arriving at the testing center can help you settle and calm your nerves before the exam begins.
- Read the instructions carefully: Before you start the exam, take a few minutes to read the instructions carefully. It will help you understand how to navigate the exam and avoid unnecessary mistakes.
- Manage your time: Time management is crucial for the AZ-104 exam. Make sure you allocate your time carefully and answer all questions within the allotted time.
- Use all available resources: You’ll be given access to various resources during the exam, including a calculator and a virtual whiteboard. Make sure you know how to use these resources effectively to improve your exam performance.
- Stay calm and focused: Focus on the exam questions and avoid getting bogged down by difficult questions. If you encounter a challenging question, move on and return to it later.
What Happens After the Exam: Certification and Career Opportunities.
After passing the AZ-104 exam, you’ll be one step closer to earning the Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate certification. This certification demonstrates your expertise in managing Azure resources and can open up new career opportunities.
As an Azure Administrator Associate, you can work in various roles, including Azure administrator, cloud administrator, and cloud engineer. You can pursue other Azure certifications, such as the Azure Security Engineer Associate or the Azure Solutions Architect Expert.
Conclusion: Final Thoughts and Next Steps.
In conclusion, the AZ-104 exam is an important certification for professionals looking to demonstrate their expertise in managing Azure resources. To prepare for the exam, candidates should use study guides, practice exams, and online training resources and connect with others who have taken the exam. On exam day, candidates should arrive early, manage their time carefully, and stay calm and focused. Passing the AZ-104 exam can lead to new career opportunities and the ability to pursue